Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A new Nurse Practitioner Visit




It says tenderness, NOT, full blown pain!!


Well I had to go to a different Nurse Practitioner who is a friend of my daughter, we have more of them than doctors here in town. My other doctor and my other Nurse Practitioner just up and left without notice. So my daughter who is a RN took me to see her friend today. I have been on 10mg of prednisone for almost a year and although it cuts my pain almost in half it is still not doing the trick, I am so damn tired of this constant pain. My Pain medications even Norco, just does not touch it. So I will be doing a Prednisone burst this week starting with 3 days of 60mg, 3 days with 40mg and 3 days at 20mg. hopefully if PMR is what I have that should knock the pain out for sure. She also took me off my pain medication Diclofenac 50mg 3 times a day, apparently it and the prednisone cause stomach bleed, now they tell me. I will be on skelaxin 800mg. a muscle relaxer, I can take up to 3 times a day when needed. I am hoping this will do the trick. If I have Polymyalgia Rhuematica (PMR) then this higher blast of prednisone will get rid of the pain for sure, if not then we will have to figure out what in the hell my problem is. I know I have osteoarthritis in both shoulders but both of my upper arm muscles are in so much pain that I am unable to do anything , the pain levels can get up to 9 and 10,   pain medications do nothing for it, the muscles feels like some big man gripping my upper arms as hard as he can and this is constant cramping with no let up. Add that to the joint pain in my shoulders and neck that seem to be in a constant flare ,the combo has been my constant companion for about a year or more.

So wish me luck
Healing blessings
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment